Hi there! Thanks for visiting my site.
My name is Rachel Urista. I grew up in the suburbs outside of Los Angeles in the 80s -90’s and come from a multi-racial family. My childhood was infused with a lot of Japanese culture and at times, you may catch glimpses of this early suburban/urban landscape reflected in my art.
I now make my home in the college town of Corvallis, Oregon, in the lush Willamette Valley.
A few fun facts about me:
• I am a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) with an INFP personality - colors and sounds effect me deeply!
• I am a fraternal twin
• I love a good historical novel or drama
• I have a selective collection of anime
• I have far too many kokeshi and daruma dolls
• I love anything with florescent colored cheese on it (as bad as it is for me) and love good, imported black licorice!
B.F.A. Illustration, California State University,
Long Beach, CA 2005
A.A. Studio Art, El Camino College,
Torrance, CA 2001